marți, 8 martie 2011

Week 3

     It's been a really busy week for me, two 250 WTA tournaments and in the weekend the Davis Cup. I never really followed the WTA tour, I was more attracted to men's tennis, and I used to trade only in ATP tournaments, but lately I'm trying to get more familiar with the WTA players, and especially the low ranked players, as I think it women's tennis can offer more opportunities, and definitely more swings in the market. So this 250 tournaments seemed to be a great opportunity (having also live coverage) and it tourned out it to be very profitable. Except for one particular game where the odds were just crazy, i read after the match that there were rumors about one of the players being injured. That could be the explanations. 

     Davis Cup matches were very interesting. Couldn't trade two many markets as a lot of matches were played in the same time, and usually I pick one market and stick to it. Looked like market lost faith in Verdasco at the beginning of the match, i have no idea why. I waited first couple of games to see if hes fit .... looked just fine then i backed 3-0, as Malisse simply doesn't have any weapons to hurt Verdasco. Easy win for the spaniard.
     Johansson vs Gabashvili. 1 day before the game odds were 1.7-2.3. At the beginning of the match odds completely drifted 2.6-1.6. Even though Johansson is a retired players he remains an indoor monster. My entry point was at 2-2, the swede was holding very easy and even though i wasn't sure he can break Gabashvili, i knew that in the tie break the russian will choke. Got out after the second set, as i wasn't sure of the swede's fitness. 
     Saturday i traded only 1 double match: Argentina vs Romania. I backed romanian team after they lost the first set at the odds around 4.5 (which were just insane considering the starting price was 1.8-2.2). I wasn't expecting such an easy victory for the argy team, Tecau is a top 10 double player, and formes a good team with Hanescu.  A big red here and it was only my fault, i had a big chance in the second set to green for +250, but i waited 1 more game then i had to. 
     Johansson vs Andreev here it was just luck. Andreev took the first set 7-6 and was a break up in the second set, and i took the odds of 1.4. I'm sure that whoever left those odds there thought that this is a 3 out of 5 sets match, but it was actually a 3 sets match as Sweden team had 3-0 after the first two days.
   

  



   

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu