joi, 24 martie 2011

Miami First Rounds

     It's been a while since my last post, I was going though some difficult times, made some big mistakes but the most important is that I realised what I was doing wrong and I didn't panic. After a big red day i was very careful with my trading for the next couple of days. It would have been much harder to recover mentally after a few consecutive days with unsuccessful trading. So for the next two days I lowered my stakes, tried to chose my entry points as safe as possible and stayed in the market just a couple of minutes max / trade.Things have improved, results came immediately.
    
     The men's final from Indian Wells Nadal vs Djokovic had very big potential for some successful trading. I didn't made any profit or loss but considering that i entered with 800 euros on Djokovic 2-0, i am very happy with the result, i did well to recover that loss. My entry point was when the Djoker was leading 2-1 in the first set, and i was hoping that the price will drop considerably if he would take the first few points on Nadal's serve. Well i was very wrong, especially because I staked to much on a market without decent liquidity. So I covered my bet on the match betting and first set winner. Could have ended with profit though, but I wasn't expecting such a bad performance by the spaniard in the final set.

     Some interesting matches from Miami's first round matches:

     Errani vs Shvedova. Traded only the last set, I layed Errani at 1.12 when she was leading in the final set with 2-0. The match was very tight and balanced, the odds were very acceptable, so a lay seemed to be the best options. I had no doubt that somewhere in that set I would get a better price, Errani was making 95% first serves in and it would have been almost impossible to continue that way.

     Becker vs Granolleres. I backed Becker before the match started. He broke in the first game, then hold and the odds became very acceptable, but I was trading in the same time another match, and i thought that Becker will easily hold his serves.

     Tatishvili vs Govortsove. I have no idea what happened in this match but there were some incredible mistakes and values in the odds especially in the second set. Didn't used any particularly strategy, just took the value odds and greened when the odds came back to normal.

     Safina vs Dokic. Price drifted on Safina from 1.9 in the morning to 1.56 before the match. No doubt the market loved her so in case of a break the odds would go crazy. Backed her before the start of the match and greened after the first game. Not a bad profit for just 1 game.



4 comentarii:

  1. hello, what is your main stake you use ? I know may vary but typcally ?

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Hi speedwave,

    My stakes vary anywhere between 100-1k depending on the odds, confidence, situation etc.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. I was afraid of that answear , I recommanded 500 stake . I have friends which were more adventurous and had exactly the same losing strikes like you did . Confidence in tennis though should have nothing to do with anything over 500. Anyway the best way to trade is how you feel better .

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. Both flat stake and percentage of the bank have pro and cons, it depends which one suits better for you're style of trading. Personally i don't feel comfortable backing 1.4 or 3, both with flat stake ... there's a difference. Also if i'm really confident in one match why would i limit my stake to 500 ?

    RăspundețiȘtergere